Communicator of Achievement
High School Contest
Awards & Contests
Full members of NDPC are eligible to enter the 2013 NDPC communications contest. The deadline for all entries is Wednesday, Jan. 2, 2013. Entry fees are $18 per member and $5 per entry. Entries should be mailed to contest coordinator Jeanine Larson at Bell State Bank & Trust, Attn: Jeanine Larson/Marketing Dept., 3100 13th Ave. S., Fargo, ND 58103.
- Only full members of NDPC are eligible to compete in this year’s contest. For membership information click here.
- Membership dues for 2013 must be paid prior to the Jan. 2 contest deadline or be included with your contest entry.
- All entries must have been published, issued, broadcast or printed for the Web between Jan. 1, 2012, and Dec. 31, 2012. The national rules state the governing date is “the date the broadcast was aired, the date printed on the publication, or the date e-published.” If the entry is a series, use the publication date of the final article as the entry date.
- The entry form is a writable file. Submit two copies of the entry form (one is used for the state contest and one is used for the national contest). Clip the completed entry forms to each of your entries.
- Put each entry in a separate PLAIN 9 x 12 envelope. You can mail all the entries together in a larger envelope or box.
- Each envelope should have a label in the upper right hand corner on the VERTICAL corner of the envelope with the following information on the outside of the envelope: Your name, Your state: North Dakota, Your category number. Do not seal the envelope; just tuck the flap inside. NFPW does not accept entries if the information is placed on the horizontal right hand corner rather than the vertical corner of the envelope.
- Members may submit two entries per category or subcategory.
- An entry can’t be submitted in more than one category or subcategory, although “stories may be entered in writing categories, while the page, supplement, publication or Web site that bears that story also may be entered in editing categories,” according to the national rules.
- Make sure that you fill out the “Role of Entrant” line on the entry from
- Members who collaborate on projects may enter the contest together or separately.
- Men are able to enter the contest.
- All entries should be postmarked on or before the contest deadline.
- Entry fees are $18 per member plus $5 per entry. For example, one entry would be $23 and two entries would be $28. (Some categories require multiple samples but these count as only one entry.)
- Consider asking your employer to sponsor your entries.
- Make checks payable to NDPC.
- Mail entries and contest fees to Jeanine Larson at Bell State Bank & Trust State Bank & Trust,
Attn: Jeanine Larson/Marketing Dept., 3100 13th Ave. S., Fargo, ND 58103.